- Oracle GoldenGate software enable your mission-critical systems to have continuous availability and access to real-time data. It offers a robust yet easy platform for moving real-time transactional data between operational and analytical systems to enable both:
- High Availability and Real Time Integration solutions
Oracle GoldenGate Solutions Overview
- Oracle GoldenGate provides the following data replication solutions:
- Live Standby for fail-over solution that can later re-synchronize with your source system.
- Active-Active solutions for continuous availability and transaction load distribution between two or more active systems.
Zero-Downtime Upgrades and Migrations
- Eliminate downtime for upgrades and migrations.
- Live Reporting, feeding a reporting database so that you don‘t burden your source production systems.
Operational Business Intelligence (BI)
- Real-time data feeds to operational data stores or data warehouses, directly or via ETL tools.
Transactional data integration
- Real-time data feeds to messaging systems for business activity monitoring (BAM), business process monitoring (BPM) and complex event processing (CEP).
- Uses event-driven architecture (EDA) and service-oriented architecture (SOA).
How Oracle GoldenGate Works
On Source System(s):
- Oracle GG Capture (Extract) process reads data transactions as they occur, by reading the native transaction log (redo log in Oracle). Oracle GoldenGate only moves changed, committed transactional data.
- Filtering can be performed at the source or target – at table, column and/or row level.
- Transformations can be applied at the capture or delivery stages. Advanced queuing (trail files):
- To move transactional data efficiently and accurately across systems, Oracle GoldenGate converts the captured data into an Oracle Canonical Format in – trail files. With both source and target trail files, Oracle GoldenGate‘s unique architecture eliminates any single point of failure and ensures data integrity is maintained – even in the event of a system error or outage.
- Data is sent via TCP/IP to the target systems. Data compression and encryption are supported. Thousands of transactions can be moved per second, without distance limitations.
On the target system(s):
- A Server Collector process (not shown) reassembles the transactional data into a target trail.
- The Delivery (Replicat) process applies transactional data to the designated target systems using native SQL calls.
- In bidirectional configurations/solutions, this process runs the same in reverse, to concurrently synchronize data between the source and target systems.
- Manager processes (not shown) perform administrative functions at each node.